Re; "If all is not lost, then where is it?" (1994)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 4 23:00:26 UTC 2004

   This appears to have become a bumper sticker about 1999, but Google Groups shows use before that.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
  Re: Who walked into the Bar??
... years wrestling with "I'm gonna be just as soon as I think I am?", If I wasn't before
but I am now, what was I then?", and "If all is not lost, where is it?". ...
rec.motorcycles.harley - Jan 22, 1998 by Putt - View Thread (28 articles)

Re: Seasons
... in moderate temperatures. MWF AH52 "If all is not lost, where is it?"
Yea Wayne, its really rough here in Texas too. It was 48 degrees ...
rec.motorcycles.harley - Jan 11, 1998 by Ray McCauley - View Thread (18 articles)

Re: Why Windows Machines Suck
... Does this make me "less creative" or "more creative" than people who use
it on the Mac? David. ... If all is not lost, then where is it? ...
comp.sys.mac.advocacy - Jul 23, 1997 by Timothy E. Adams - View Thread (1478 articles)

Re: Hiding HD icons
... land of Mordor where Shadows lie | John Severinsen |- JRR Tolkien jsev at midland.co.nz
| <tsb>Thor 2.4, 14-Mar-97 21:59:55 If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.sys.amiga.misc - Mar 14, 1997 by John Severinsen - View Thread (20 articles)

Re: MUIM_Application_Load
... THOR Team Coordinator - http://www.thule.no/~pettern/
|/ If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.sys.amiga.programmer - Feb 8, 1997 by Petter Nilsen - View Thread (5 articles)

Re: MTEK and Blizzard
... AFAIK as long as your drives have standard rdbs you should be ok. L Mac
Mullan (prospero at indigo.ie) -- If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.sys.amiga.hardware - Jan 1, 1997 by L Mac Mullan - View Thread (12 articles)

Re: AmFtp
... Iomega ZIP R Toshiba 6.7x CD This message was composed on... 2.32ß
5-Sep-96 17:17:43 MDT -- If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.sys.amiga.networking - Sep 5, 1996 by John S. Burger - View Thread (17 articles)

Re: Women on the net.
... org .....Charter Member: Team AMIGA.....
If all is not lost, then where is it? -*- ASTG 1.9
comp.sys.amiga.misc - Jan 16, 1996 by Asha Develder - View Thread (16 articles)

AWE32-MIDI Problems: note
... a good place to start. Chris --- * O/db V2.0 #97 * Braniff ran OS/2.
--- * O/db V2.0 #97 * If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.music - Jan 19, 1995 by CHRIS SHAW - View Thread (1 article)

Re: 4x cd-rom compatibili
... Vince Kub Co-Sysop Gateway 2000 Online Information Network gwvince at gw2kbbs.com
... If all is not lost, then where is it? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 - Dec 20, 1994 by gwvince at gw2kbbs.com - View Thread (1 article)

Re: How to determine curr
? App.Path Regards, Email: ian.carter at almac.co.uk Ian C. Tel/Fax: (+44)(0)909-773689
--- * POW 1.1 0028 * If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.lang.basic.visual - Aug 14, 1994 by Ian Carter - View Thread (1 article)

Zoom Faxmodem 14.4 manual
... Colin ...from Stirling : INTERNET - colin.nowell at almac.co.uk : Castle, Scotland :
FIDONET - (2:259/17) : * RM 1.3 00320 * If all is not lost, then where is it?
comp.dcom.modems - Mar 23, 1994 by Colin Nowell - View Thread (1 article)

(FACTIVA)
C.A. EYE
Edited by Jon W. Sparks. Contributions from Lee Millar and our press services. Leave messages for C.A. EYE at 529-2810 or E-mail sparks at gomemphis.com\
422 words
The Commercial Appeal Memphis, TN
Final
F1
English
Copyright (c) 1999 Bell & Howell Information and Learning Company. All rights reserved.

C.A. EYE thanks Claire S. Greer for this fashionable observation:

You are SO University of Tennessee fan when, during the Ballet Memphis premiere of its performance "Memphis" at the beautiful, ornate Orpheum, you show up in your UT orange baseball cap that you wear through the entire ballet, your orange UT sweatshirt, and your orange UT sweatpants.

YUK.GOV

The Washington Post reports that the entire Internet message system buckled and groaned under the weight of irate constituents' opinions on impeachment, but now senators are using their E-mail again to do what most people do: send jokes.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), was so tickled by an E-mail about Teletubby gay humor that he forwarded it to a several folks, including his wife and children.

While quite funny, the jokes, inspired by the Falwellian theory that Tinky Winky is a homosexual, are not exactly family fare. Among the PG-rated Top 10 signs that your Teletubby is gay: "That triangular antenna on his head only picks up Abba music"; "He keeps redecorating Barbie's Dreamhouse"; "He's started waxing the purple fuzz on his back"; and "He plans to marry Nicole Kidman."

IN HINDSIGHT

At Oxford University this week, Gennifer Flowers, principled former mistress of Bill Clinton, said she disapproved of his affair with Monica Lewinsky.

If she had been Hillary Clinton, she said, she would have "scratched his face off" and told him to leave. All the public attention to her relationship with Clinton had almost made her suicidal, said the shrinking violet.

Flowers's remarks were billed as a talk on "Surviving Sex, Power and Propaganda," said the New York Daily News.

TAKING PRIDE IN YOUR SPECIALTY

Anastasia Soare, tweezer to the stars, told US magazine about her plans for March 21: "I always watch the Oscars and think, God, I did so many brows there."

THE PRICE OF FAME

"I was in New Hampshire with my family at a pizza place. The kid working there goes, `Hey, you look like Adam Sandler.' I said, `Yeah, I know.' He goes, `What's your name? ` I go `Adam Sandler.' And he goes, `Whoa, that's a coincidence.' "

-Adam Sandler in Twist magazine.

C.A. WRY

If all is not lost, where is it?

OUR DAILY WEB

(FACTIVA)
SPOTLITE
394 words
Denver Rocky Mountain News
FINAL
2D
English
Copyright (c) 1999 Bell & Howell Information and Learning Company. All rights reserved.

Letterman

Changes They're Making to Sesame Street

10. Steinbrenner buys neighborhood and moves it to Jersey.

9. In a very special episode, Grover develops a severe case of static cling.

8. Instead of the letter "B," show now brought to you by Budweiser.

7. Oscar the Grouch has new roommate in garbage can: Tony the Mob Corpse.

6. Bert dumps Ernie for a massage therapist named Rico.

5. Bill Gates comes on to teach kids the number 55 billion.

4. That counting vampire? He and Buffy start getting it on!

3. Newest furry creature - Willy Nelson.

2. Big Bird launches rap career, changes name to Notorious B.I.G.B.I.R.D.

1. Goodbye Jimmy Smits - hello Rick Schroder.

Wacky Question

What's the difference between caramel and butterscotch? - Leah Sharp, Denver

Butterscotch is more complicated than caramel. To make caramel, you take one part granulated sugar to two parts water and mix together, then heat over a low flame, stirring constantly. Do it right, and you ultimately get a rich, dark brown mixture: caramel. Butterscotch, on the other hand, is made from butter, brown sugar, water and a touch of vanilla extract.

Jokeline

Bumper stickers:

* Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?"

* On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the Escape Key.

* I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.

* I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

* When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all Bran?

* I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

* All reports are in. Life is now officially unfair.

* If all is not lost, where is it?

* It is easier to get older than to get wiser.

* The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.

* I tried to get a life once, but they were out of stock.

 (FACTIVA)
SAD STEVE A MAN IN TORMENT.
By STEVE RICHES.
487 words
People
31
English
(c) 1999 Mirror Group Ltd.

STEVE RICHES is the saddest bloke in Britain, the man who spends all h

1. What's the

difference between scent and perfume?

2. Do you realise half the people you know are below average?

3. Which bits of a chicken are made into nuggets?

4. How come we don't get paid extra in a leap year?

5. Why do Australians call red-haired men Blue?

6. How come we trust our money to people called brokers?

7. If all is not lost, where is it?

8. How come the hardness of the butter is directly proportional to the softness of the bread?

9.Why can't they get rid of that last calorie in one-calorie drinks?

10. Could a heavy-handed thief still be light-fingered?

11. Who's ever seen a round robin?

12. Do sheep sometimes look a bit peopleish?

13. Why do they bother with frosted glass in aircraft toilets?

14. Deep down, are miners happy?

15. How far does something have to be fetched before it's far-fetched?

16. Why should the ace of spades be any blacker than the ace of clubs?

17. How did flyovers get their name when they're only driveovers?

18. When will Hell freeze over?

19. Do building inspectors need concrete evidence?

20. If we're here to help others, what are the others here for?

READERS WRITE

"Why doesn't someone write down all the unwritten laws, then no-one would break them?" asks Edward Newbold, of Swindon, Wilts.