Problems are opportunities in work clothes (1960); Part of the problem (1961)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 15 04:04:53 UTC 2004

BARGAINING CHIP (continued)

   I didn't check this out yet, but it's also in 1941.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Reno Evening Gazette - 11/26/1941
...and the Irish m his district by have these "BARGAINING CHIPS" in salty and
sP'cy..
Reno, Nevada Wednesday, November 26, 1941  721 k

PROBLEMS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES IN WORK CLOTHES

   The AMERICAN HERITAGE DICTIONARY OF AMERICAN QUOTATIONS doesn't give a
date for this.

(GOOGLE)
Simpson’s Contemporary Quotations, compiled by James B. Simpson.  1988.
NUMBER: 2176
AUTHOR: Henry J Kaiser, industrialist
QUOTATION:  Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.
ATTRIBUTION:    Recalled on his death 24 Aug 67
SUBJECTS:   The World: Business: Executives
BIOGRAPHY:  Columbia Encyclopedia.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Deming Headlight - 4/7/1960
...sinews of the state. Cicero. PROBLEMS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES in work
clothes. Henry J.....of Luna County, on April 11, 1960. one day ONLY, from 9 A. M.
to 5 P. M. Places of.....Burdick Mine MS 2035. You, and each of you, ARE
hereby notified that the Mashed O Land.....by default will be entered against You
ARE further notified that unless ypu enter..
Deming, New Mexico   Thursday, April 07, 1960  915 k

Times Recorder - 4/9/1960
...same amount of income. Plato PROBLEMS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES in w o r
clothes. J.....society believe that they have solved the PROBLEMS of
discrimination finally and.....of pride. Today there ARE no underdogs. ONLY in a very rich
society such as we have.....discussing with a neighbor some of of the PROBLEMS
be was experiencing with his four..
Zanesville, Ohio Saturday, April 09, 1960  692 k

Holland Evening Sentinel - 7/22/1961
...have to swallow it someday. PROBLEMS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES in work
clothes. Kaiser.....Ann Landers will be glad to you with your PROBLEMS. Send them to
her in cARE of this.....of approval for calling a Con-Con was ONLY hardly a
mandate to convert Michigan.....UAWCIO axis in Detroit and Wayne County. ONLY
the state, stands between these power..
Holland, Michigan Saturday, July 22, 1961  980 k

Chronicle Telegram - 2/2/1963
...River Street FA 2-1627 2-1120 PROBLEMS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES in work
clothes. Kaiser.....Thin Sunday 119 Ewt Ave. Ph. FA 2-1621 The ONLY people you
should try to get even with.....a genial editor, declAREd that there ARE three
kinds of trouble in the world money..
Elyria, Ohio Saturday, February 02, 1963  578 k

Commerce Journal - 3/24/1960
...unawAREs. Mary Baker Eddy PROBLEMS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES? in work
clothes. Henry J.....held at -I p. in. "We Come to Communion not ONLY because we
must, but because we may; not.....Today, where there ARE new houses there ARE new
churches and where there ARE oid.....ai pan, when Commerce High School seniors
ARE honored by the Youth Fellowship and..
Commerce, Texas Thursday, March 24, 1960  893 k

IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION , YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM

   Popularized by Eldridge Cleaver in 1968, but used before this.  There are
several 1967 hits.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Guthrian - 1/24/1961
...person is eiTHEr PART OF THE PROBLEM, or PART OF SOLUTION. THEse words,
which stared.....moment is eiTHEr PART OF THE PROBLEM or PART OF THE SOLUTION.
At one time we may be.....is this you PART OF rfie PROBLEM or PART OF THE
Everyone at almost every.....for THE community, THEn I am PART OF THE SOLUTION. If
I don't do my PART for THE..
Guthrie Center, Iowa Tuesday, January 24, 1961  454 k

Denton Journal - 11/23/1962
...it. We are PART OF THE PROBLEM, not a PART OF THE SOLUTION. But when we
have THE.....THE conversation at breakfast, THE conduct OF fellow workers, THE
attitude OF THE people.....OF THE tremendous burdens built up during THE
fifties. Here are some OF THE facts OF.....THE writer and not THE publisher.
However, THE publisher had his moment OF error also..
Denton, Maryland Friday, November 23, 1962  774 k

wardsville Intelligencer - 8/20/1963
...be sure he is PART OF THE SOLUTION and not PART OF THE PROBLEM." THE
State.....social PROBLEMs which demand an immediate SOLUTION. .One great task OF
THE educator is.....THE junior college movement, THE dropout PROBLEM,
implementation OF team teaching.....THE commission sent for William Day OF THE
Legislative Council to ask for maps OF..
Edwardsville, Illinois Tuesday, August 20, 1963  586 k

Newark Advocate - 10/7/1964
...Be sure you're PART OF THE SOLUTION and not PART OF THE PROBLEM. Promotion
policy in THE.....THEy're willing to consider any reasonable SOLUTION to THE
PROBLEM. A THOUGHT: National.....counties. who are elected will take an live
PART. Misuse OF farm machinery acIf anyone.....steel in farmers DO a
hundredweight PART is to assist in selecting top (beginning..
Newark, Ohio Wednesday, October 07, 1964  688 k

Daily Times News - 11/6/1965
...we are a PART OF THE SOLUTION, and not a PART OF THE PROBLEM. it be
possible, as much.....has a paragraph dealing with this general PROBLEM OF human
relationships, and in that.....to THE wall. It is friendship or chaos. in THE
twelfth chapter OF flis letter to THE.....OF YOUR CHOICE This feature published
under THE auspiqes OF THE Federated Ministerial..
Burlington, North Carolina   Saturday, November 06, 1965  500 k