Cubby--girlfriend/boyfriend (for pre-schoolers)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Fri Apr 23 11:00:11 UTC 2004

From:    David Bowie <db.list at PMPKN.NET>

Correcting a typo in my earlier post:

: I haven't heard cubby, but my 3yo and nearly-5yo daughters report a
: distinction between boyfriend/girlfriend and kissyboy/kissygirl.
: Kissing doesn't seem to be involved with either of them, and b/gfriend
: seems to be more serious, at least in that you actually *talk* to the
: person and tell them you like them repeatedly, while b/gfriend appears
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^
: to involve agreeing that you like each other and then ignoring each
: other.

The underlined one should read "kissyb/g".

<snip>

David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx