Washboard road

Fri Apr 23 13:34:04 UTC 2004

Wilson,

I've heard "catskinner" used in the Rocky Mountains
for at least the last 20 to 25 years:  Cat operator.
To me, "catskinner" refers more specifically to a
bulldozer operator - a "dozer" operator - but can
refer to an operator of any heavy equipment.  And not
necessarily just Caterpillar brand, although some
speakers may be indicating brand (and national) pride
and loyalty.

=====