Rape Town, Gangster's Paradise (GP) and more

Wilson Gray hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Apr 26 12:41:12 UTC 2004

On Apr 26, 2004, at 1:15 AM, Jerome Foster wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Jerome Foster <funex79 at CHARTER.NET>
> Subject:      Re: Rape Town, Gangster's Paradise (GP) and more
> --------

Good God, man! Had the Army no shame?!;-) This is the kind of story
that, in the immediate post-WWII period, I would have been too young to
hear. No doubt, for maximum discomfort, the inspections were held in
the company street, regardless of the weather. Was there a formal
series of movements, as is the case wrt the ordinary weapons
inspection?  Pondering the possible combos of commands and movements
has me LOL! Though there were still WAC's in my day, "foxhole
inspection" is completely new to me. Rather, it was said that WAC
sergeants, when calling the troops to attention, demanded to "hear [the
relevant number of] pussies snap as one!"