colophon

Wilson Gray hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Aug 6 02:07:05 UTC 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 9:35 PM, Benjamin J Barrett wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Benjamin J Barrett <gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM>
> Subject:      colophon
> --------
>
> For some reason, I'm being blocked from the OED, but I couldn't find
> any
> glossaries online that allow for the meaning for colophon found at
> http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Chinese/html_pages/glossary.htm, a
> poem
> or other comment at the end of a piece of work.

Not in the OED w/this meaning, though ‘Here endeth the lyfe of the
moost ferefullest and unmercyfullest and myschevous Robert the devill
which was afterwards called the servaunt of our Lorde Jhesu Cryste.
Emprinted in Fletestrete in [at] the sygne of the sonne by Wynkyn de
Worde’ is supplied as an example and might be construed as an "other
comment."