Urban planning; Buddhist Proverb ("If you can fix it...")

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 8 18:06:40 UTC 2004

Greetings from Scarsdale, New York. My autistic nephew turns 13 today. He's still not potty trained.

URBAN PLANNING

A recent book claims this coinage. I think that Monturiol would have a better claim for coining "supermodel," but here's the author's claim.

(GOOGLE)
Monturiol's Dream -- The Extraordinary Story of the Submarine ...
... It was the first true submarine; the world would not see its equal for another ... friends,
making use of his utopian ideals and notions of urban planning (a term ...
www.frontlist.com/detail/0375414398 - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

And we watch as Monturiol's revolutionary friends, making use of his utopian ideals and notions of urban planning (a term he originated), forge a new culture for Catalonia and its capital city and create the radical design that resulted in an entirely new Barcelona.

BUDDHIST PROVERB

>From today's New York Post. The New York Giants backup backup quarterback--best known for his stint on tv's THE BACHELOR--is citing a Buddhist proverb. Does anyone have the proverb?

(NEW YORK POST)
http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/26517.htm
"I read a couple of books in the Buddhist philosophy just to kind of educate myself on religion and all those kind of things," Palmer said during a recent lunchtime break at training camp. "There's a Buddhist saying that says if you can fix it then don't worry about it and if you can't fix it, don't worry about it, because you can't fix it. It's kind of an attitude, hey, you've got to deal with all these things."