a bare simmer

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Aug 9 16:06:44 UTC 2004

Thanx everyone for the feedback. I do a lot of cooking, but this was
the first time I saw this usage--and it sounded really odd to me.

Bare necessities always seemed to me to be a set phrase and not the
source for extensions. Silly me.

I looked again at the OED and this time it showed itself to me. Well,
I didn't find it.

Barbara