Truespel Analysis of USA English - Book One

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Tue Aug 10 15:27:22 UTC 2004

>AHA! Here's the answer to my earlier question. The ancient and
>honorable distinction between long o and open o before r is NOT
>preserved, NB

Forskor - fourscore (both with long o)
Wor - war (with open o)

Just further evidence of the loss of traditional values in Umairiku

dInIs

PS: 'yeerz' has the same vowel as the second syllable of 'kunsseevd'?

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor