Cal-Mex (1964); Say it ain't so (1930)

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Sat Aug 14 22:32:02 UTC 2004

Try using "say it ain't true."

>From SABR/Proquest:  27 June 1921  Washington Post pg. 2

>>Kids Are Getting Callous./Curious that when Mr. Ruth emerged from the cell
where he had been confined for speeding there was no little child to cry out
to him, "Say it ain't true, Babe!"<<

and, from 4 June 1922, LA Times pg. I12?

>>UNPOPULAR PLAYERS/The "whitewashed Sox" of Chicago want to play in
Pasadena but are unlikely to have the opportunity.  A card from the manager
of the team, asking for dates for this season or next for the "Ex-Major
League Baseball Stars" has been received by local baseball authorities but
is not being considered very seriously.  The team contains "Lefty" Williams,
"Swede" Risberg, Eddie Cicotte, "Say it Ain't True Joe" Jackson, "Happy"
Felsch, and "Buck" Weaver.<<

Sam Clements