No "I" in "Team" (1960)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Aug 17 06:36:18 UTC 2004

The Los Angeles Times now appears to be digitized through December 1966. I've
still not found many terms I'm looking for. This is an interesting article
that I hadn't posted before.

Other 71 -- No Title
Los Angeles Times (1886-Current File). Los Angeles, Calif.: Aug 14, 1960. p.
TW2 (1 page)

_How to be a winner_

Star pitcher Vernon Law's rules for success are as meaningful off the field
as on.

(...)

You'll never become a .300 hitter unless you take your bat off your shoulder.

When you start to slide--slide. He who changes his mind may exchange a good
leg for a broken one.

A winner never quits and a quitter never wins.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson
afterwards.

Nobody ever became a ballplayer by walking after the ball.

If you don't play to win, why keep score?

There is no "I" in team.

Some people are so busy learning the tricks of the trade that they never
learn the trade.

Don't throw the ball before you have it.

When you're through learning, you're through.