Etymology of Skosh

Tue Aug 24 13:19:47 UTC 2004

I heard "skosh" frequently in the late 60's, early
70's, and my assumption was that is was Vietnamese
that was picked up by military during the Viet Nam
War.  Based on the etymology, I would still suspect it
was introduced through the military, although those
stationed in Japan rather than Viet Nam.  I have not
heard anyone use "skosh" for quite some time.

=====