A note on color terminology

Thu Aug 26 16:02:04 UTC 2004

 Page Stephens <hpst at EARTHLINK.NET> scripsit:

I invite everyone on this list to take the test on this url:
http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html
in order to discover whether or not they are color blind.
        <<<

If I do this, I will wait till I get home, because I know that my monitor at
the office is dark. That is, its display is dark in ways that don't affect
most uses, but make it absolute hell to read some cute gray-on-black web
pages. Bear in mind that a test like this administered on a computer is no
better than your computer monitor's color rendering.

-- Mark A. Mandel
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]