Come with; was Re: Natural-Born Lover : Words

Patti J. Kurtz kurtpatt4 at NETSCAPE.NET
Mon Aug 30 02:10:25 UTC 2004

wilson.gray at RCN.COM wrote:

> In
>any case, even the people that I know who use it use it only rarely.
>It's like something that's in the process of dying out. I've never
>heard it used by anyone who is now under the age of 65.
>
>-Wilson Gray

I've heard both "come with" and "bring with" used by people in their
20's and 30's in SE Idaho. (Pocatello)  For example, our vet asked me if
I was going to to "bring my dog with."  It seemed fairly commonplace there.

I'll have to notice if anyone in this region uses it.

Patti Kurtz
Minot State University
Minot, ND
--

Freeman - And what drives you on, fighting the monster?

Straker - I don't know, something inside me I guess.

Freeman - It's called dedication.

Straker - Pig-headedness would be nearer.