Libercon

Terry Lynn Irons t-irons at MOREHEAD-ST.EDU
Tue Aug 31 10:59:54 UTC 2004

Our dear friend Bill Safire has outted himself in his most recent column:

"I'm more of a new libercon than an old neocon, but such a determined mind-set
on our time's paramount issue--of global safety in freedom--attracts me to the
crowd in New Yori that points with pride at what we're doing rather than the
bunch in Boston that viewed with alarm all we've done."

Other than a few references to Canadian politics and a ranting blogger, I have
been unable to find an origin.  And what exactly is a "libercon"?  A reformed
liberal?

Virtually,
Terry
Terry Lynn Irons
Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University
150 University Blvd Box 604 Morehead KY 40351