Libercon

Kathleen E. Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Tue Aug 31 13:55:53 UTC 2004

When Bill calls himself a libercon he means libertarian conservative. In
the Times there is an unrelated 1965 hit speaking of Tocqueville and then,
10 years later, Bill's first use of "libertarian conservative." I am pretty
sure this is the first time he's called himself a libercon. Normally, and
since around 1987, he's been calling himself a "libcon."

Kathleen E. Miller
Assistant to William Safire
The New York Times