"New York Rangers" naming mystery (1926)

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 1 22:35:24 UTC 2004

Can someone on this list, or Grant Barrett himself, please tell me what is
the earliest citation in his excellent book, Hatchet jobs and hardball :
the Oxford dictionary of American political slang, for the term "deep doo
doo" as used by George H. W. Bush?  I own the ODAPS, but am at home now
while my copy is in my office.

Fred Shapiro