Mickey Finn (1918)

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Fri Dec 3 17:32:25 UTC 2004

A fictional Mickey Finn is indexed by Cornell's Making of America, in
the story "A Stray Cremona" - author S.R. Elliot, found in the Sept
1897 issue of The New England Magazine:

"Mickey Finn, the blind fiddler, who supported himself by playing
planxties and jigs at all the weddings and wakes..."

Not the same humorous character, perhaps, but a characterization of
Irish stereotype as an object of crude humor.