Ground Zero (September 11, 2001)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 8 03:52:20 UTC 2004

I just got this and don't know what to make of it. Maybe Grant knows?

Barry Popik

  Subj:    Message from Big Apple web site visitor
  Date:    12/6/2004 6:25:17 PM Eastern Standard Time
  From:    cindi <ccericola at nyc.rr.com>

Dear Barry
I believe I am the originator of calling the World Trade Center Site "Ground
Zero"  and that I can document it.  I just retrieved the archived e-mails of
my internet doll club. I wrote an e-mail at 2:33pm on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER
12TH, 2001. I distinctly recall feeling like I was perhaps being overly
dramatic referring to the attacks as such (I was referencing the movie The
Day After I think)--but I used the phrase anyway.
Do you remember we were unsure of how to process the attack-hysterical
sadness or matter-of factness?  I LIVE RIGHT BELOW HOUSTON.
I recall hearing the public/media use of the phrase by Friday September 14th
at the national memorial coverage on TV.
My club is a national club, and they may have even forwarded my report as
everyone was so hungry for tales that we NY'ers were thriving.
If you are interested in my documentation, please e-mail me at
Cindilouc at AOL.COM

SINCERELY
CINDI CERICOLA