"Windy City" story--a few thoughts

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 8 12:37:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Cohen, Gerald Leonard wrote:

>      As far as I can tell, the Chicago Public Library winds up with egg
> all over its face. So what if Bierma doesn't mention Barry's name in the
> first few paragraphs? Bierma is setting the stage for Barry's dramatic
> entrance into the drama. And if the issue is reduced to a contest--Barry
> vs. the CPL--Bierma leaves no doubt whose side he's on. Barry, you've
> won. Do you hear? You've won.

I haven't read the article yet, but if the CPL ended up with egg all over
its face I'm happy.  I had tried pretty hard to get them to fix their web
site, but when they did change it the change was pretty unsatisfactory.
Congratulations to Barry -- this seems to be a fairly good result for the
highly flawed world of journalism.

Fred Shapiro