FW: journalist's inquiry on the slang of Variety magazine

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sat Dec 18 22:05:39 UTC 2004

Dear ads-l members,
    Yesterday I received the query below, and perhaps some ads-l members can assist Ms. Wren on the topic she asks about. Please respond directly to her (perhaps with a cc. to ads-l); her email address is celiawren at hotmail.com

    I'm not knowledgeable about the slang of Variety, although my records show at least 8 Comments on Etymology items pertaining to theater slang.  I don't know what Ms. Wren's deadline is, but I'm sure any assistance would be very welcome.

Best. -- Gerald Cohen