"Chicken or the Egg"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 21 04:52:53 UTC 2004

CHICKEN OR THE EGG

>Los Angeles Times, Jan 11, 1895, p. 6
>(Indianapolis Journal:) "Mr. Billings," said the landlady, >playfully,
>"which do you think came first -- the chicken or the egg?"
>"I never gave the subject much thought, Mrs. Hashcroft," >answered
>Billings, "but I am willing to bet that if any chicken >preceded this egg
>it died long ago, long ago."

Oh, all right.

(LITERATURE ONLINE)
1. Ferguson, Samuel, Sir, 1810-1886 [Author Page]
Father Tom and the Pope; or, A Night in the Vatican. (1868)  107Kb
Father Tom and the Pope; or, A Night in the Vatican.   [Durable URL for this text]
Found 1 hit(s):
Front matter   [Durable URL for this text]
PREFACE.   [Durable URL for this text]
...is, "whether the original egg was the parent of the chicken, or the egg was the original ancestor of that celebrated...

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:
WHERE DID BARRY POPIK EAT TODAY?--Harry's Burrito's, right behind NYU on Third Street. I decided to get a burrito. I've never been to the place because it looked like your standard Mex. I had a filling meal for under $12 and the place was nicely heated. Can't beat that.

WHERE DID BARRY POPIK EAT ON SUNDAY?--Jaiya Thai (www.jaiya.com), on Third Avenue and 28th Street (opposite Vatan Indian, where I ate last week). Great place. The milk-coconut soup hit the spot. The Veg Peking Duck was a little too spicy.

DOES BARRY POPIK HAVE PHONE/INTERNET SERVICE?--Of course not. The guy didn't come again today. Maybe I'll beg MCI for twelve years?