roadside bomb

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Fri Dec 24 22:13:38 UTC 2004

Google Groups has cites going back to 1997. The earliest is from a statement
by State Dept. Spokesman James Rubin on 22 Oct 1997: "The Monitoring Group
acknowledged that on October 19, 1997, a roadside bomb was detonated by a
Lebanese armed group on the Anan-Bisri road, resulting in the explosion of a
vehicle and the death of its two occupants."
(zipnews.gov.world.regional.middle-east.north-africa.south-asia, 23 Oct 97)

Most of the early references seem to be about Lebanon. Some are about
roadside bombs in Bosnia.

--Dave Wilton
  dave at wilton.net
  http://www.wilton.net