Other articles (Was: Re: Article: Word sleuths dig up...)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sun Dec 26 14:53:29 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 09:50:27AM -0500, Grant Barrett wrote:
> This year seems like it was the start of the slow over-turning of word
> myths. Latest example: this article on the work of Gerald Cohen, Barry
> Popik, and David Shulman in researching the origin of the term "hot
> dog"--and published in St. Louis, too, home of the miraculous World's
> Fair where, apparently, everything we hold dear was invented.
>
> Word sleuths dig up true origin of the term "hot dog"
> http://tinyurl.com/4xgnm

Meanwhile, Grant Barrett too modestly refrains from mentioning
his very own new-word article in today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/26/weekinreview/26gloss.html

Jesse Sheidlower
OED