"Merry Christmas"

Sun Dec 26 20:14:58 UTC 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 11:07 AM, Laurence Horn wrote, re Raymond Briggs:

> And lest we forget, one particularly seasonal selection:  _The
> Snowman_.  Very good stuff.

absolutely.  all my briggs books except Ethel and Ernest went away with
my daughter when she moved out, twenty-some years ago.  well, they were
*her* books.  now i find myself re-stocking things; people find it very
odd that adults are buying *children's books* for themselves, but i do
it anyway.  (jacques and i once went on an a. a. milne-buying
expedition, though jacques had almost all of it memorized.  and picked
up our own Phantom Tollbooth while we were in the store.  oh, yes, and
The 13 Clocks.)

in any case, time to restore the briggs books.

those of you who know me well, and know that i actually have a second
house, primarily for storing books and files, might marvel at my desire
to acquire copies of books that i got rid of years ago.  where will it
all end?

arnold (the brief answer is: the stanford university library)