Eggcorn

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Mon Dec 27 21:02:07 UTC 2004

I'm with Larry on the simpler 'acre' for 'earth' replacement (from
the TV show, one of the few things which does not make me proud to be
a Hungarian). In fact, 'God's Little Acre' was withheld from many
children (although I got my little hooks on it) and is a much less
likely source.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu