Eggheads' Naughty Word Games

Tue Dec 28 03:02:26 UTC 2004

Arnold,

You probably don't know this, but Strausbaugh more often writes for the
alternative-alternative weekly, New York Press, here in New York City.
He's a crank import from Baltimore--the classic uncompassionate
conservative with about as much goodwill and charisma as can fit in a
skeeter sphincter. His M.O. is, typically, to take any view which
opposes what he perceives as the traditional Village Voice editorial
stance. He writes about sports sometimes, too, because he thinks it
makes him more likeable. It doesn't.

You practice your two-step, I'll bring the coffee table.

Grant Barrett