REDACTED

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Wed Dec 29 02:05:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:

>over on the Language Log, mark liberman has commented on the use of
>"redacted" to mean "edited out" or "removed":
>
>http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001739.html

I recently received a lengthy legal document from a lawyer. A great deal
of information had been removed from the document. The removal was
accomplished in each instance by omitting a section of the document. For
each instance of removal, this item appeared:

        [redacted]

Bethany