some WOTY candidates, and others

Fri Dec 31 06:15:43 UTC 2004

I wasn't aware this one had regained currency.  I remember it from the
Letterman show a few years back.  A google shows that it, and its opposite
("schwag", meaning bad or lame) were used by Manny Papp, ("Manny the
Hippie"), a pothead whose 15 minutes of fame were on the David Letterman
show in the summer of 1996.  He was met during a visit to the West Coast,
and for a short while, gave movie reviews.