fireplug

Dan Goodman dsgood at VISI.COM
Thu Feb 5 01:59:26 UTC 2004

Luanne von Schneidemesser wrote:

> Anyone know if fireplug (=fire hydrant) is regional?  If so, where?  A
> woman originally from Ohio says she uses it (and people laugh at her).  We
> didn't ask about this when interviewing for DARE.

A quick and dirty google on some state names and either fireplug or fire
hydrant  shows fireplug as being used -- but much less than fire hydrant
-- in Ohio, New York State, California and Minnesota.

Could it be regional within Ohio?    Or more used in the kind of
community this woman is from?

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/ or