Val-girl "like"

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Fri Feb 6 17:56:19 UTC 2004

Sean, I got a virus notice when I tried to open your attachment, so be careful!

But anyway, why would you want to curb the use of filler "like"?  You might
want to teach some register control (OK informally, not formally), but
that's about all you'll be able to do.  It's everywhere, and numerous
research articles are available on its use.