Asshole buddies:speculative etymology

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Sun Feb 8 19:58:42 UTC 2004

Well, that wasn't my point. Since "buddy" comes from Brit. dial.
"butty," and since its connection to "butt" has been claimed, I was
just speculating that the connection between "asshole" and "buddy"
might not be so far off (anatomically speaking, that is).

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor