frypan/frying pan

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 12 19:03:38 UTC 2004

At 11:00 AM -0500 2/12/04, Beverly Flanigan wrote:
>One last follow-up (I hope):

Sorry to dash your hope!

>Just last night I saw two ads in a chain
>store flyer for _skillets_, both flat, colored, and probably
>teflon-coated.  In fact, one was called a "French skillet," whatever that
>means.  As I wrote earlier, I suspect this is the current sales term, maybe
>to make the items sound fancier or more modern than the frying pans our
>mothers used.  Avoiding the implications of frying is part of this too, I

In support of the last speculation, there are increasingly many
(offered) sales of "sauté pans" (with various spellings).


More information about the Ads-l mailing list