"pizazz" and "right in the pazazz"

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu Jan 8 02:39:36 UTC 2004

Inspired by Sam Clements' 1/1/04 message I started checking my files
for early attestations of "pizazz" (or variant spellings) and "right
in the "pazazz" (again with variant spellings). As usual, Barry Popik
had found interesting material. Note "right in the pazazas", which
does seem to refer to the rear-end.
In Sam's citation ("right in the pazazz") the term seems to refer to the face.

Gerald Cohen

<snip>