Mr. Good Price; "Seafood" diet (1981); Chicken Cross Road (1912)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 13 12:34:06 UTC 2004

MR. GOOD PRICE

"I give you good price.  My name is Mr. Good Price."

   Greetings again from Bamako, Mali.  I travel to Dakar, Senegal this evening.
   I've heard the above several times in several places.  It's obviously a standard line.  Is everyone in this country named Mr. Good Price?
   Not much support for this on Google, however.

"SEAFOOD" DIET

   "I'm on a seafood diet.  If I see food, I eat it."
   Every tourist says this every time we order seafood.  Ugh.
   I thought it was as old as the hills, but so far I get the 1980s.

Gettysburg Times - 4/30/1981
...people go on the SEAFOOD diet: When they SEE FOOD they eat. VOL. 79, NO. 102 24 Pages.....to "air the contract in the newspaper." (SEE ROUND HILL OM Page 2) Taxes, Curriculum.....voting for affiliation with the United FOOD and Commercial Workers Union this past.....sunny days with temperatures in the (SEE SPRING FROSTS On Page 2) By VIRGINIA L..
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania   Thursday, April 30, 1981  656 k

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

   Another important question that has come up.  I don't know what chicken quotes Fred Shapiro has...OT: Is he going through Webster's Sports Dictionary in my absence?

Sheboygan Press - 1/4/1912
...Query: WHY is a leap year? WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS. THE road? To get on THE oth er.....whose scarlet petticoats peep out when THEy CROSS a wet street or climb into an.....side. Maybe that's WHY THE year leaps. Anyhow, rein Mrs. her.....THE ladyes have THE sole privilege, during THE time It contlnueth, of making love unto..
Sheboygan, Wisconsin   Thursday, January 04, 1912  731 k

Sheboygan Press - 1/4/1912