Fwd: three time's a charm

Geoffrey Nunberg nunberg at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Tue Jan 13 22:03:04 UTC 2004

Can anyone help this person -- she's doing a story on the Eagles'
third appearance in the NFC championship. I found a number of
mentions of this saying in various forms in folklore journals -- my
guess is that it must refer to the idea that a spell or charm has to
be repeated three times to be effective.

Please copy her on the answer.

Geoff