"Eating without a cat-rail"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 19 23:24:53 UTC 2004

   Probably the last message before I'm off the internet for a few days.

GRAHAM CRACKER--I had already pointed out that OED was way off on this one.  No one checks the archives?  Yes, APS ONLINE has added new publications since my post.

CHRONICLE TELEGRAM--Yes, the 1949 CHRONICLE TELEGRAM on www.newspaperarchive.com is from 1994.  I had previously pointed out that flaw here twice.

PG (PRISON GRADUATE)--The term used during the 1950 in Ghana during the independence struggle.  Not in OED.

KENTE CLOTH--I'll bewat OED on this when I return home.  Way off, as usual.  We'll see this tomorrow.

EATING WITHOUT A CAT-RAIL--My tour guide told me to finger my fufu (also called futou).  I like using spoons and forks.  He said it's called in Ghana "eating without a cat-rail," a "cat-rail" being a spoon.  ??