Query on the word "album."

Tom Conroy Tpconroy at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 21 18:18:08 UTC 2004

Hello. I'm working on a story for a pop-music magazine on the death (or at
least chronic illness) of the word "album," which is being replaced by words
like "mixtape," "CD" and "playlist," depending on the medium.

Does anyone have any insights into this phenomenon, or could you give me any
ideas on where I might be able to get some hard data on how the word is doing?

Thank you for your attention.

Tom Conroy

P.S.: If you've received this message more than once, please accept my
apologies. I'm having technological glitches on my end.