"Throw your hat in the door first"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 23 01:09:37 UTC 2004

   Anyone familiar with this?
   Someone on the tour used it and asked me to research it.  "Throw your hat in the door first" means there could be trouble with the wife (one or the other partner has been fooling around) when the husband gets home.  Obviously, not a new American phrase.

(GOOGLE)
ESPN Outdoors
... Tip No. 10: If you happen to bring a deer home, throw your hat in
the door first. Ron Schara may be reached at ron at mnbound.com. ...
espn.go.com/outdoors/general/columns/ schara_ron/1656029.html - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

I want my girlfriend to juice but... - Elite Fitness Bodybuilding ...
... Mighty dog, I would be afraid to go home tonight!! Do what we have to do in the
south: Throw your hat in the door first to see if there are any shots fired!! ...
www.elitefitness.com/ubb/Forum9/09-2000/000369.html - 36k - Cached - Similar pages