Jimmies in NY?

Larissa H. Chen chen at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 6 14:54:44 UTC 2004

More data to corroborate known patterns...

An acquaintance of mine who grew up in the Trenton area only uses
"jimmies."  My husband, who grew up in northern/central NJ uses
"sprinkles" but is totally familiar with "jimmies."  I, who, grew
up in Yonkers, never heard "jimmies" before it was brought up on this
list.

Larissa

You said....

++Growing up on the Jersey Shore (born 1963), "jimmies" was a familiar term
++although "sprinkles" was far more common.