question

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jul 12 14:46:19 UTC 2004

At 4:32 AM -0700 7/12/04, Margaret Lee wrote:
>I'm a member of a large church with eight associate
>pastors/ministers (four of whom are women), but there's only one
>first lady--the wife of the pastor.

What happens when the pastor is a woman, and married?  Is there a
label for her husband?  (I know the same question would arise for the
husband of a (female) president or governor, and I think the answer
is that there's no such label, because there's no role of "first
gentleman" or whatever, but I just wanted to confirm this intuition.)

Larry