Mongo

Geoff Nathan an6993 at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jul 14 12:43:51 UTC 2004

I hope I'm not violating this list's etiquette here, but this morning I was
reading the news on CNN's website and found an apparently well-established
word that isn't in the list's archive (at least not as far back as the easy
search) nor is it in OED or AHD.  The word is 'mongo', meaning
high-quality, cast-off furniture and other stuff found on the
street.  There's a new book about it--you can read about it
here:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/07/13/trash.furniture.reut/index.html

Geoff

(FWIW Mongo is also a unit of currency in Mongolia, apparently)