Coolidge quote on preacher & sin:"He was against it" (1925)

Fri Jul 16 11:30:11 UTC 2004

The version I always knew had Coolidge saying he was "agin it." A
search for that phrase and "Coolidge" does not turn up an antedating,
but it does turn up a lot of cites.

Grant

--
Grant Barrett

Assistant Editor, U.S. Dictionaries, Oxford University Press
Project Editor, Historical Dictionary of American Slang
Editor, "Hatchet Jobs and Hardball: The Oxford Dictionary of American
Political Slang" (2004)

Editor, Double-Tongued Word Wrester
http://www.doubletongued.org/

Webmaster, American Dialect Society