Grab-handle or Strap in Car, etc.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 24 18:17:24 UTC 2004

I have found the following US terms for a handle or strap, typically of the kind inside a passenger car, that one may grab onto in an emergency.  Can any of these be dated reliably to the period before ca.1990?

The derivations shd be fairly apparent.  Cf. the "Jesus nut" on a helicopter.

holy-crap handle

holy-shit handle

Jesus handle

Jesus strap

oh-crap handle

Oh-Jesus strap

oh-shit handle

shit handle

Any comments wd be welcome.


Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

More information about the Ads-l mailing list