"laid" and other random BE slang in the HDAS

Wilson Gray hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jul 28 17:43:28 UTC 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Laurence Horn wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "laid" and other random BE slang in the HDAS
> --------
>
> At 12:26 AM -0400 7/27/04, Wilson Gray wrote:
>> Thanks, Larry. That makes sense. BTW, do you still wear your hair in
>> that signature Jafro?
>>

> Hi, Wilson,
>
> I was doing so for a long time, although in a shorter version.
> Unfortunately when my hair came back after chemo a little while ago
> it came back less curly.  Well, better wavy than dead.

Congrats on the comeback, in every sense of the word! My wife is a
breast-cancer survivor and my brother completed two months of
hopefully-successful radiation therapy for prostate cancer just last
week. He said that a major side-effect forced him to give up public
transportation and go back to driving. He now feels at one with the
women in those "Gotta go! Gotta go! Gotta go right now!" TV ads. On the
plus side, he was already bald before the therapy.;-)

-Wilson