Twitchy?

Rachel E. Shuttlesworth rshuttle at BAMA.UA.EDU
Thu Jul 29 13:28:12 UTC 2004

On another list I'm on, one related to library doings, someone recently
referred to "teen goths and twitchy types". Another member responded with

>  I have to ask the question, what is twitchy types?  A slang I'm too old
> for?  M

to which the original poster replied

> Oh boy, I was almost hoping you wouldn't ask because it's another can of
> worms ,
> BUT Twitch = teen and witch.
> Mostly those who are interested in Wicca.  Books by Amelia Atwater Rhodes
> and the Sweep Series are examples of what was on the list. I love to tell
> them that Ameila started writing and publishing when she was 13--they are
> always amazed and pleased.  It also opens the door for me to mention The
> Outsiders.  My readings lists were only fiction titles, though we did have
> some non-fiction titles on the subject of Twitch.

I've not heard this blend before and didn't find it in the ADS-L
archives. A google search shows refs to Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I
wonder if it started there or elsewhere. Are y'all familiar with it?

Rachel

Rachel E. Shuttlesworth
Council on Library and Information Resources Post-Doctoral Fellow
University of Alabama Libraries
Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487-0266
Office: 205.348.4655/ Fax:205.348.8833
rachel.e.shuttlesworth at ua.edu