From Rags to Riches (1903)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 31 17:13:44 UTC 2004

"What do you have on rags to riches?" David Shulman asked me, by phone, a few
hours ago. "OED has 1947.And get to the library early."

It's been a hard work week.The air conditioning at work hasn't been fixed in
five years. It was fixed a week ago, we had ONE DAY OF AIR, and then it broke
again. Two judges walked out. The people with the parking tickets wondered why
we're treated worse than animals at the Bronx zoo.

And on Saturday, I have a day off, and I like to sleep late.

And I don't particularly care about antedating OED anymore, since I they
don't pay me and I have to go across town today to get it, and if I do something
good it will have someone else's name on it.

OK, I'm off to the NYPL. Bet Shulman has more poems. What a life.

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
Display Ad 8 -- No Title
New York Times (1857-Current file). New York, N.Y.: Aug 30, 1903. p. 11 (1
page):
_From Rags to Riches_,