"fuck" in Wash Post

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Fri Jun 25 15:57:30 UTC 2004

Jesse Sheidlower said:
>On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:54:42AM -0400, Beverly Flanigan wrote:
>>  P.S.  When I first sent this message, I got a line saying the "word" might
>>  "get my keyboard washed out with soap."  Where does this come from?!?
>
>Presumably Redmond, Washington, where they think they know what's
>best for you.

Actually, Bev uses Eudora (I checked the headers), so this bit of
nannyism emanates from San Diego.

The feature is called "Mood Watch", and it can be turned off, if
you're so inclined, under Options.
Alice Faber                                             faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                                  tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                                     fax (203) 865-8963