architecting

Clai Rice cxr1086 at LOUISIANA.EDU
Thu Mar 11 18:33:59 UTC 2004

Last month I was teasing my sister about her website update, in which she
uses the verb "rearchitect" to describe some work she did on a corporate
website. www.seneb.com. Looking at some of her project descriptions that use
variants of the term "architect" as a verb, I would argue that there is a
struggle going on over this semantic space. "architect" looks like it is
deployed to differentiate the structuring of information pathways from the
visual-oriented "design" of web pages.

ccr

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendalyn Nichols [mailto:wendalyn at NYC.RR.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 11:52 AM
Subject: architecting

Anyone else run across this verb? Here's a quote from the description of a
job posted by an investment firm:

"Members of the Strategic Growth department are responsible for
architecting and executing strategies to identify and recruit world-class
talent in a variety of both technical and non-technical fields..."

Wendalyn Nichols