Schawafel (shawarma + falafel), Amba Sauce

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 11 19:39:37 UTC 2004

   This is from today's amNEW YORK (www.am-ny.com), 11 March 2004, pg. 16, col. 2:

_Fabu falafel_
(...)
Chickpea
23 Third Avenue, East Village
212-254-9500

PHOTO CAPTION:  The "Schawafel" combination plate, served only at Chickpea.
(O Google hits--ed.)
(...)
(Col. 4--ed.)
   With a perfect combination of succulent shred of well-marinated meat and crunchy carmelized outer nuggets, Chickpea's shawarma is one of the best in New York.  Douse the holy kosher meat with amba sauce, a piquant Iraqi hot sauce that combines sweet mangos with hot chili.

(If it's shawarma+falafel, where did the "c" come from?  Schwab's?...Back to ten hours of parking tickets, then I'll get home and relax and read about a massacre in Spain--ed.)

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
How to make Amba Sauce
I am looking for the secret how to make AMBA, the tasty yellow souce for
all kind of middle east dishes. The only seasoning I know is mango. ...
israel.lists.il-talk - Sep 19, 1998 by bliebig at gmx.de - View Thread (1 article)

Re: WHY HITLER KILLED THE JEWS? Why do Jews murder Palestinians
... I ordered extra Amba sauce to celebrate. ... I ordered extra Amba sauce
to celebrate." It certainly isn't unbiased factual reporting
soc.culture.german - Dec 15, 2003 by Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj - View Thread (48 articles)

Saddam's JFK Moment
... and anger and then shock. Their faces mirrored sorrow. I ordered
extra Amba sauce to celebrate. The sorrow of the Arab students ...
alt.politics.bush - Dec 15, 2003 by jose soplar - View Thread (1 article)